I write, you read. No bargaining.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Where is My Valentine?

For the umpteenth time, my friends 'gently' reminded me of my swinging singlehood by throwing comments like "you know men so well, I can't believe you are still single", or "there are so many eligible guys around you, I cannot understand why you are not attached".

For crying out loud, me neither.

They offered me explanations such as "you're too clever. Men are afraid of you", and "your expectations are too high", which frankly-speaking, are too nice and diplomatic.

For one, I am not some high-flying Woman of the Year or nobel prize-winning PhD candidate, so there should be no issue on me being too clever. Especially when guys are too stupid and egoistic to realize that anyway. (**At this point, I can visualize guys going, "Us, stupid?", and giving me the dirty look...Haha, Ok lah you are not stupid nor egoistic. Hmm, you are, err... muscular and handsome, can or not?)

For two, my expectations never rose beyond basement carpark level. I know of some girls with expectations to rival Taipei 101 or the Petronas Twin Towers, who are not coincidentally, either blissfully engaged or married.

The only acceptable explanation for my lack of decent suitors, then, is that the right guy is too tied up with earning his first billion now to be romantically involved. Hence my wait. Good things are to come in good time, so let's hope mine isn't the best lest I have to wait forever.

To all you concerned folks out there who have been giving me advice and well-wishes for my love life, thank you and I do hope to repay your kindness with good news soon. However, I do not think I am ready to toss my hair and bat my lashes at any man. Quoting a gal friend who is also enjoying every swinging moment, WE DON'T EAT BUFFET.

Valentine's Day? Maybe you can fix me up with Cupid instead so that I can teach that kid how to shoot some arrows for a start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only acceptable explanation for my lack of suitors, then, is that the right guy is too tied up with earning his first billion now to be romantically involved.

--> So which guy are you referring to?!!