I write, you read. No bargaining.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Braveheart

It's insane. I work close to 12 hours everyday, five days a week, sometimes with a complimentary Saturday morning thrown in for good measure, and yet it always seems like the entire PL teaching force works harder than me.

Well, to be fair, I don't take lunch or tea breaks. I don't partake in small talk with my colleagues. And I am always fast on the move, multi-tasking between full-blast lessons, desk-ridden marking and a whole list of miscellaneous chores. Yet, piles of books sit on my desk each day, as if silently mocking my incompetence.

In fact, PILES and PILES of books sprawl across every single desk in the staff room, as teachers shuffle in and out everyday, demoralized, defeated and destroyed, but nonetheless fearless enough to soldier on without as much as a second thought.

Sounds pretty bad huh? Well, on the contrary, I think it's great, because I actually do like my job, and I like it a great deal. As the saying goes, you can never conquer the books, but you do conquer the little minds.

And by the way, that saying was from me. Heh.

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Same sentiments! In spite of all the never-ending work, I do enjoy every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

hey gal! what's the princess of Events doing teaching in a school?!! big loss to the corp comm world I say! But kids, love your teacher, yea?

Long-lost LBer
(I'm now with 3M selling tape...LOL)

Anonymous said...

ya !
i loooooooove allllllll my teachers !
AND I MEAN IT !
no joking this time ;D