I write, you read. No bargaining.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Busy Me

It has been a crazy period for me and I never saw it coming. How was I to know that on the very evening of my last day at work, I would receive a brand new task. Oh yeah, and what a task it was.

I was to be (gulp!) a puppy-sitter. All thanks to my dear sister who is determined not to let my free time go wasted. She bought a 3-month old female golden retriever pup and wanted me to help out with it for this transition period. Her name is Lexi and I shall write about her later.

Now, all I want to do is to give an update on my days ahead, in case anyone of you reads my blog for the latest E-news ('E' for Ei-Lin, 'E' for Erika).

1) I will be spending alot of puppy-sitting time at my sister's apartment which, heaven forbid, does not have LAN or cable connection for some heart-breaking reason. I will have to put up with her slow dial-up service and laptop combination for my internet access. Hence, I might either be offline on MSN Messenger/Yahoo! IM, or you'll see me logging in and out alot.

2) I might be writing less in this blog for the time being. I have started another blog on my pending trip to Japan and I will probably be spending all my time doing research and writing about it. Here's the link if you are interested: http://ikooyo.blogspot.com
(Update 6/5/2005 : I've shut the blog for now as there is too much information to organize before posting. Will try to reopen it soon.)
(Updated again 19/7/2005: Not going to happen. I've realized, for the first time in my life, that time is such a luxury. Instead, I will be devoting whatever limited time I have online to the more satisfying activity of paying bills over internet banking. Gee, see how important that little yellow word is to me that I had no choice but use it three times over...)

3) My formal teaching position with MOE starts in July. For the few months from now till then, I will do some relief teaching. The application has been approved, and I will have to call up the schools to find a position. Maybe later. After all, I have not had a single day of proper rest yet!

Alright, I think this is about all that I can muster for now. I need some sleep...

No comments: