I write, you read. No bargaining.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Warfare

Yes, you heard my battle calls. I'm going on war and it's no laughing business.

OK, I am sick la. You heard my coughs and sniffs, more likely.

Not deliriously sick, but sick enough to have stayed at home over the weekend and as a result, missed a birthday party, a stag night (why am I invited anyway?) and worse, my sister's invitation to drop by her home to pick up free cosmetics.

See, I am THAT ill.

The irritating thing about this current flu bug, is that it has bogged me down for some weeks now. Some serious bug, really! And to top it off, this workaholic works without a schedule. My condition swings erratically from being absolutely bubbly and well, to being confined in the pits and in my bed, with just a box of Kleenex for company.

Well, not that I am complaining, since I am partly responsible for my own state of well-being. You see, from Dec 10 right up to Jan 2, I have been putting my health at stake by having way too much fun. It was of course no joke that I had to start school on the very next day. To add insult to injury, the very next day = my birthday, which was, by the way, also my last twenty-something-th birthday. Sniff. Sob. WAHHHHH...

Frankly, starting 2006 in such less than desirable condition did shake me up a little. I have since learnt my lesson and decided to make health my top priority in my days ahead. Having fun will, unfortunately, have to take the second spot in my grand list of resolutions.

With this, I declare that I will devote my every living moment henceforth to making The Flu Bug miserable and wishing that it had never lived.

Medicine, vitamins, bring them on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

嘻~嘻~
我兩邊留言了喔^_^
Hope u r feeling better now with the flu. Take care lo~

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms Tan! Now, don't you miss that salutation? It has been a while since I last read your blog. Manz, you are writing fast and furious huh? Me, on the other hand, have not written for so long that I have forgotten my password to my blog. Can you dig that? Anyhow, you please take care of your "phoenix" shell ya. Ain't easy to stay pink in health these days man.