I write, you read. No bargaining.

Monday, March 12, 2007

A Self-Righteous Blogger

Some people ask me, why do I blog so much about nothing in particular? A very important person (read: my boss) once said that a blog is good and should be encouraged if it provides others with useful information. Well, mine doesn't, considering that it is about "nothing in particular", so I guess it is officially one of those trashy and redundant blogs.

I should be damned.

With due respect, even though this is how they would probably view my blogging business, I do not quite see it in that light. I prefer to think of it as reflective conversations with my inner self, and these conversations take on the form of a blog for very good reasons.

First of all, I do not keep a journal, simply because I have really bad and inconsistent handwriting that is too shameful to leave behind in this world in case I die. Secondly, I think it is rather ludicrous to keep talking to myself, and therefore I'd like my friends to listen in too. Thirdly, I live in the digital age.

And I must stress that I do not write about nothing in particular, even though it is sometimes quite nondescript. In fact, I write about very important things - of love, of hope and of chivalry. In case you've missed all that, then I'm sorry, you're just very dim. No offense.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hihi, i do pop by here once in a while to find out how is it going in my old (know each other for many years, I meant)friend's life =) Always with smiles while reading your blog. And those ODAC photos are so nostalgic....

You take good care. YX

Eilin T. said...

Surprise, surprise! Never knew there'd be real people reading this... that was why I always say whatever I want. Now I must think twice... hehe. Well, I'll keep writing so that you know your very old friend (don't worry I have already gotten used to my age)is doing quite alright (and is also quite bored as you can see). Catch up with you soon, bud!

Unknown said...

I never find your blog meaningless. It is rather... ENTERTAINING!

Anonymous said...

I hate my handwriting too. What to do.