I write, you read. No bargaining.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Got My Star!

I found my arms. Aching arms, that is...

After this Kayaking 1 Star course taken at the Changi Sea Sports Club over 2 weeks, I have:

- found out that the device that we paddled around in in the past should be properly called a kayak. Not a canoe. Well, the kayak is in the canoe family. But you still can't call it a canoe. In a way it is, but it is not...I'm confused...
- realized that my previous ODAC round-the-island canoeing experience could be my own hallucination...
- re-learnt all the cool technical stuff and re-embraced the sea
- began to like capsizing
- had lots of fun and laughter while choking on seawater (how salty IS the sea?!!)
- self realized that it's time to lose weight (butt-in method getting tough)
- developed a slight tan which I hope will stay on longer this time
- gained a list of coursemates to go kayaking with
- a new late-night MSN messaging partner - super kayak-enthusiast coach Bernard who kayaks everyday to attain nirvana
- decided that Agilent is a GREAT company to work for. At least I don't have to get up before sunrise to work in Tuas and speed-eat 30 min lunches everyday, which is what my poor fellow coursemates are doing now at their company
- finally received my 1-star cert in mint and laminated condition

2-star here I come! Err...soon la.

No comments: