I write, you read. No bargaining.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

One Wedding and A Funeral

November 12, 2005 - the day two capable, intelligent and good-looking friends finally tied the knot of matrimonial bliss.

November 13, 2005 - the day a friend's granny passed away unexpectedly.

Such is life. Life that is determined by what we set out to do at times, but also one that is beyond our control most other times.

For me, that was a tiring week. I had experienced anticipation, excitement, joy, contentment and some very touching moments. Then just one day later, a whole new set of emotions - grief, sympathy and pain.

I shared Huayimm and Damien's happiness because I was made part of the celebration. From brainstorming ballroom design ideas to making wedding invites to being emcee for their wedding dinner, every moment was one of infectious love and beginning. You have to try very hard not to feel it.

But on the other hand, I did not know Sam's grandma. Yesterday at the wake, I saw her photo for the very first time. There wasn't alot of activity. Family members chatting in small groups and attending to the rituals in a matter-of-factly way. It was hard to imagine that just two days ago, a funeral was the furthest thing on their minds. However, despite the untelling scene, I just had to take one look into Sam's eyes to feel her loss. No living person can ever hide the pain of death.

Just as no one should ever hide the happiness of life.

To Huayimm and Damien, maybe you be happy always.

To Sam, get happy real soon. You know Grandma is happy where she is now.

No comments: