I write, you read. No bargaining.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Potter Rocks

OK, maybe I'm not strictly referring to Harry per se, but the entire whimsical wizardry world of his. What a neat place to be in, despite having to deal with sweaty nightmares and actually having to duel with the-one-who-shamelessly-calls-himself-the-dark-lord.

I bet it is anyone's fantasy world... Well, except those self-declared 'mature adults' with eyes only for a trilogy of some lousy ring. Haha, I'm being spiteful here, but no offence. As long as you keep your insults to yourself, I'll keep mine too, until I get down to actually reading the first LOTR novel that is lying in dust somewhere in my broom-cupboard bedroom.

Now, back to Harry and his friends. My one single big thought about this latest movie episode is on dear old Albus Dumberdore. So, the original actor passed away and they had to cast some other guy, but certainly there is some kind of quality control, you'd think?! I was certainly quite taken back by the loud, aggressive, and even...somewhat...dark (gasp) Dumberdore. What happened to the kind, gentle old principal we knew him to be? I cannot help but think this new identity is a big secret waiting to be uncovered. Maybe Dumberdore has been possessed? Maybe he is some bad guy taking lots of polyjuice potion? Maybe Sirius in disguise? Or maybe... I don't know, this old guy just unsettles me.

But anyway, let's forget about that and move on to wonderful younger beings. Ah yes, my personal favorite - Nerville Longbottom. Cute name, cuter boy. I thought the bits on his love for dancing were really sweet. Plus, for a supporting role, he had really earned some good airtime there. Oh man, I just love guys who dance.

Next, George and Fred. Man, I love twins as well. Mischievous twins, how wicked is that? I absolutely dig the scene when both of them mimicked Ron's dance with Professor McGonagall, in synch no less!

And the adults? Hmm, Snape and MadEye Moody comes to mind. Snape, for his sleeve-drawing performance, and Moody, what can I say. Disguise aside, if I've had a teacher like him, I would darn well be President Scholar of my year. Well, no time for regrets, I'll just strive to teach like him, minus the transfiguration. What do you say, my students???

I've just looked. Can't find the LOTR novel. Guess I'll just settle for a re-read of my Potter series. Hmm let's see...where are the books? " Now, accio!"

No comments: