I write, you read. No bargaining.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Tribute to True Friends

There are some people really close to my heart. My parents, my sister and brother-in-law, my close-knitted extended family of crazy uncles, adorable aunts and funky cousins, my cat (alright, so technically he does not belong to the 'people' category, and he is actually my sister's cat, but I love him all the same)...

...And the people who understand me best - my St. Nick's galfriends.

Yenpin, Siewhong, Hweehoon and Huayimm. (Plus or minus newly-titled Mrs. Seah-Ng Aishing. We've lost her to Jonathan years ago.)

On second thoughts, make that Yenpin, Siewhong and Hweehoon. (Plus or minus soon-to-be Mrs. Lim-Poh Huayimm too. Lost her to Damien, alas.)

Talk about casualties of love. We'll talk about these blissful people some other time.

So you see, we are pretty much left with a table of 4 whenever we meet, and it is this same foursome whose lofty ideals and exalted visions are so very much in common that we begin to wonder if we are somewhat a weird bunch. So weird that we turn our weekly casual dinner outings into lengthy seminars (at last count, we ended at 4am in the morning) discussing the same old global/national/personal issues that we have been discussing forever, and feeling more hot-blooded each time. Who knows, had it been the olden days, we might have been mass-burnt to death at the stake.

Maybe this is exactly why we made it through 16 years of very supportive, yet undemanding friendship. Or sisterhood, rather. Also sixteen years of being passionate about life. I am so proud of us all.

May we continue to be best friends.
May we continue to serve our people.
May we continue to believe in our ideals.
May we continue to strive for romantic excellence.
May we continue to contribute to the gross revenue of KBox.

Peace.

No comments: