I write, you read. No bargaining.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Thank You for the Music

Dedicated to my steadfast piano for being at my side for more than 20 years, which I had constantly neglected, which I had almost ingratefully forgotten about. Recently, I've started playing music again, and rediscovered the joy that it had always given me. Thank you, Mr. Piano. Thank you for the music.


Mr. Piano

Old Dusty Mister Dark Wood Piano
Stands proudly upright
Bravely stoic
Deadly still
In its own silent shadow

Like a heavy tomb door sealed with grief
The dark wooden lid
A little warmed
Gently loved
By a cat soundly sleeping

He longs for some music
A heartfelt sonata
But the only sounds he hears
The rhythmic purrs
As the cat coils in tighter

Quietly determined is Mr. Piano
Keys and pedals lay await
For the lid to be lifted of its sadness
And a slightly off-pitch tune is played
Once again someday

No comments: